Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

LETS-TALK-DOCTRINE - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* LETS-TALK-DOCTRINE > Topics

Subject: Sabbath or Sunday?
Replies: 48 Views: 2780

n_nick23 18.03.09 - 09:46pm
INTRODUCTION: Are we still Expected to keep (the 7th day Sabbath) Sa ay or do we now honour our Saviour by Celebrating his Resurrention on (the1st day) of the week Sunday? *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 08:16pm
The scriptures says... ''Remember the Sabbath to keep it Holy. Six days thou shall labour, and do all thy work, but the Seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God, in it thou shalt not do any work, thou nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates. For in Six Days the Lord made Heaven and Earth, the Sea, and all that in them is, and Rested the Seventh Day, wherefore the Lord Blessed the Sabbath day and Hallowed it.''
Ex 20:8-11 (kjv) *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 08:25pm
NOW: The 7th Day Sabbath (Sa ay) was to be kept by the Children of Israel, as well as the Strangers (Non Jews) all throughout Old Testament/Covenant times, According to the ''4th Commandment'' (Ex 20:8-11) Notice the Text below. *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 08:31pm
Ex 31:16 (kjv)
''Wherefore the Children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a ''Perpetual Covenant.'' *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 08:40pm
What does ''Perpetual'' mean? *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 08:41pm
According to Oxford Dictionary, ''Continuing or Valid Forever; Everlasting. *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 08:43pm
According to Webster's Dictionary, ''Lasting Forever ; Constant.'' *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 08:44pm
According to Nelson's Dictionary, '' *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 08:48pm
According to Dictionary.com ''Continuing or Enduring Forever, Everlasting.'' *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 09:02pm
SEEING: That we have Established that the Sabbath is a Perpetual Covenant, and the word... Perpetual means ''Lasting forever, Everlasting, Enduring forever, Never Ending.'' *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 09:24pm
THEREFORE: We are Expected to see the Nation of Israel, The Jews, The Hebrews... to be still keeping the 4th Commandment, according how God Outlined it. *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 09:32pm
HOWEVER, thats ''EXACTLY'' what we see today, BOTH the Jews; Who Dont believe that Jesus is the Messiah AND those who Accept him ''STILL'' keeps the 7th Day Sabbath on the Day we now call Sa ay... Just as how God Ask them to.... So they ''CLEARLY'' understand the ''Perpetuality'' of the 7th Day Sabbath Commadment. *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 09:41pm
NOW: What do Christians ''TODAY'' have to say about the Sabbath Commandment? *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 09:57pm
WELL: Majority of ''TODAYS'' Christians will have all kind of Agruments.. Here are the Various Arguments lited below. *

n_nick23 8.04.09 - 10:51pm
ARGUMENT 1:
''The Law is No longer Binding: The 10 Commandments are All Abolished... Therefore the Sabbath is done away with. *

n_nick23 18.04.09 - 02:31am
ARGUMENT 2:
''The Sabath Commandment is ONLY for Israel. Therefore Christians are not to keep it.''
THEREFORE: The Sabbath is for the Jews and Sunday is for the Gentiles. *

n_nick23 18.04.09 - 02:36am
ARGUMENT 3:
''We Honour the Resurrection of Jesus, by keeping the ''1st Day'' of the week (Sunday). *

n_nick23 18.04.09 - 02:39am
ARGUMENT 4:
''Jesus broke Bread of the ''1st Day'' of the week (Sunday). Therefore it is the Lord's day. *

n_nick23 18.04.09 - 02:41am
ARGUMENT 5: ''We keep the Sabbath: but on a different day (Sunday)...we take a day and call it the Sabbath. *

n_nick23 18.04.09 - 02:44am
ARGUMENT 6
''Sabbath keepers only worship God one day a week, but we worship God every day of the week...'' *

n_nick23 18.04.09 - 02:49am
ARGUMENT 7:
No body knows which day is the True Sabbath. . No one, knows if Sa ay is really the Seventh day of the week. *

n_nick23 18.04.09 - 03:02am
ARGUMENT 8:
''The bible says we are to rest on Sabbath, it didnt say we are to worship on that day...
THEREFORE: We rest on Sa ay and Worship on Sunday.'' *

n_nick23 18.04.09 - 03:15am
ARGUMENT 9:
''Jesus and his disciples picked corn on the Sabbath, breaking the Sabbath. . thus showing us we are no longer required to keep it.'' *

n_nick23 18.04.09 - 04:15pm
ARGUMENT 10:
''There is no command in the New Testament to keep the Sabbath. . . . And all the other Nine commandments are restate in the New Testament 'EXCEPT' the Sabbath Commandment.'' *

n_nick23 4.10.09 - 08:29am
HOWEVER, Even Though all those Arguments are all Different. They all have Something in Common... They CANNOT be found in OR Defended by Scripture.. And if a teaching Cannot be defended by the Bible, then they are just philosophies of men. *

n_nick23 4.10.09 - 08:37am
And the Apostle warns us...
''Beware lest any man spoil your through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world...'' King James Version *

n_nick23 4.10.09 - 08:38am
NOW: LET US an*lYZE EACH OF THESE ARGUMENTS BASED UPON THE BIBLE, RATHER THAN SPECULATE LIKE OTHERS DO... *

n_nick23 4.10.09 - 02:49pm
Argument 1: (Clarified)
The bible tells us that the 10 Commandments are eternal...

''The works of his hands are truth and judgment: all his commandments are sure; they stand fast forever and ever...''
Psalms 111:7-8
King James Version *

n_nick23 4.10.09 - 03:22pm
The bible is clear ''ALL'' the commandmens; not ''NINE'' of them. ALL of them are ETERNAL... *

n_nick23 4.10.09 - 05:48pm
THATS THE REASON CHRIST SAID:
''Think not that i have come to destory the law or the prophets; i have ''not'' come destroy but to ''fulfill''. For verily i say unto ''till'' Heaven and Earth not one jot nor one till shall in no wise pass the law till all be fulfilled.''
Mathew 5:17-18 King James Version *

n_nick23 4.10.09 - 06:05pm
LETS EXAMINE THIS PASSAGE:
1) ''Think not'' this basically means; ''Don't even let that thought come into your minds''
2) ''not come to destroy'' this simply means; ''i didnt come to do away with the law''
3) ''but to fulfill'' this means in the greek; '''fil-ful' - the term fulfill meas to carry out or perform.''
4) ''For verily i say unto you'' this means; ''now dont miss this, try get this clear''
5) ''one jot nor one till'' a jot is the smallest hebrew letter and one title is the tiny projection on certain hebrew character''
an example of how a title would look like is ~
What Jesus is sayin, is that NOT EVEN a letter nor a dot off a letter shall anyone thik to remove from the LAW. *

n_nick23 14.10.09 - 09:55pm
Argument 2: (Clarified)
''The teaching that the Sabbath is 'only' for the Jews...and Sunday is for the Gentiles.
IS NOT FOUND ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE.'' *

n_nick23 14.10.09 - 10:26pm
INFACT THE BIBLE TEACHES THE VERY OPPOSITE...
The Bible tells us that God made two things for Adam back in Creation. He made Woman and he made the Sabbath *

n_nick23 14.10.09 - 10:45pm
1 Corinthians 11:9
''The man was not created for the woman, but the woman for the man.''

n_nick23 14.10.09 - 10:46pm
Mark 2:27
''The Sabbath was made for man. And not man for the Sabbath.''
king James Version *

n_nick23 14.10.09 - 10:58pm
Genesis 2:2-3
''And on the Seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the Seventh day from all his work which he had made. And he blessed the Seventh day, and Santified it: because in it he had rested from all his work which he created and made.''
King James Version *

n_nick23 14.10.09 - 11:09pm
Notice: the Bible says God ''Santified'' the Seveth day...
What does the word Santified mean?

n_nick23 14.10.09 - 11:15pm
The word ''Santified'' in the Orignal Hebrew is ''qadash'' (verb) - which means: ''to be holy, a state wherin people or things are set aside for worship of God, set aside for God.'' *

n_nick23 14.10.09 - 11:19pm
The bible is Clear the Seventh day was set aside for God... all the way back in Creation. Before there was any Jew or Gentile, before there was any division of Nations or languages. *

n_nick23 14.10.09 - 11:26pm
Even back in Old testament times ''the Sabbath'' was to be kept by every one who worship the true God...
Whether you they were A Seed of Abraham [Jews]
OR A Stranger
[a person who is not a Jew]
NOTICE - What the Prophet Isaiah records. *

n_nick23 16.10.09 - 04:56am
Isaiah 56:2-7
''Blessed is the man that doeth this, and on the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepth the Sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. Neither let the son of the stranger, that have join himself to the LORD, speak. saying, the LORD hath utterly seperated me from his people; neither let the eunuch say, Behold i am a dry tree. For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; Even unto them will i give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give the an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, to love him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, EVERY ONE that keepeth the Sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will i bring to my holy mountain, and make the joyful in my house of prayer their sacrifies shall be excepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for ALL PEOPLE.''
King James Version *

n_nick23 16.10.09 - 05:15am
EVEN IN THE NEW TESTAMENT :
The Sabbath is still for every one. Both the seeds of Abraham and the Strangers.
(That is...) Jews and None Jews: who are called Greeks/Gentiles. *

n_nick23 16.10.09 - 05:19am
Acts 13:14-15, 42-44
''...they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagoge on the sabbath day sat down. And after the reading of the law and the prophets... and when the Jews were gone out of the synagoge, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them THE NEXT SABBATH... And THE NEXT SABBATH day almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God.''
King James Version *

n_nick23 16.10.09 - 05:47am
Both in the Old Testament
and New Testament.

We see that the Sabbath is Both for Jews and Gentiles... *

n_nick23 16.10.09 - 05:52am
Argument 3: (Clarified) *

n_nick23 16.10.09 - 05:53am
THERE ARE EVEN THOSE WHO TRY TO JUSTIFY SUNDAY OBSERVANCE FROM THE BIBLE.. *

n_nick23 16.10.09 - 05:54am
Here are The Bible Texts used:
Math 12:1 ; Math 28:1 ; John 20:19 ; John 5:18 ; 1 Cor 16:1-2 ; Acts 20:7 ; Rom 14:5-6,13'' *

korn999 25.02.13 - 07:22pm
How about we discuss the half truths of your claims. That the bible is sole rule of faith what a load of bull dust. Did not the apostle say the statement standfast and hold to the traditions, which we have taught by word of mouth or by our epistles. You jehovos are nutters from the bowels of hell. *

korn999 25.02.13 - 07:29pm
Or the fact that Lot was willing to let his daughters get r*ped by an alleged all male population of s*x starved homos*xuals. Who did not want these two angels to get r*ped. He knew they were angels etc. Why else did he lay prostrate before them? And angels could easily have defended themselves could they not? Or lets discuss the fact that ''God's'' so called holy Noah got drunk intoxicated and was allowed to be seen naked by family members. How stupid do you think we are? Or lets go with the crime of Cain. Who just finished killing his brother then the lord set a seal upon him lest these other ''people'' mean to do him harm. Which other people? Adam and eve had only Cain and Abel at that time. Yet that passage alludes to a whole civilization or populace as he went abroad. More lies. *

* LETS-TALK-DOCTRINE Forum

Search:
topics replies

* LETS-TALK-DOCTRINE

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits